Restoration Experts In All Facets of Water and Flood Damage Across Melbourne
We are experts in water damage cleaning and restoration, with a team that has combined experience of over 40 years in wet carpet drying, flood damage clean ups and water damage restoration across Melbourne. Our team is certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration and we follow their global standards in all the work we do.At Capital Restoration Services we know that water damaged carpet and other forms of water or flood damage to your home or business can be from a variety of sources; from severe storms and rain, through to burst pipes, washing machine overflow, running taps and water ingress from poorly sealed cavities and tile grouting. Whatever the reason for water damaged carpets and floors, wet walls and water damage to the structure of your building, we are equipped with the skill and experience to make safe your home or business and to restore it back to its pre-loss condition.
24×7 Rapid Response Service For all Water and Flood Damage Emergencies Across Melbourne and Regional Victoria
Because water damage spreads quickly and can cause secondary damage of mould and mildew which are not immediately visible, we consider all water damage and flood damage to be critical emergencies in nature and respond with our 24×7 emergency relief service; where a qualified Water Damage Restoration Technician will aim to commence the assessment and make safe program within one hour from your call across any part of Melbourne.
We Manage All Aspects Of Water Damage Restoration
Our skilled Water Damage Restoration Technicians are certified and experienced to manage all types of water and flood damage to your home or business. An outline of the ten step water and flood damage restoration process we follow is detailed below, so that you know what to expect when you engage our water damage restoration services.
- Water Damage Assessment | Our first step is to always assess the damage and use our specialised instruments and monitors to map out the extent of the damage.
- Define Scope Of Works | We carefully plan the water extraction, drying, cleaning and restoration program that will be required to address the specific water damage or flood damage that has affected each client. We can provide detailed water and flood damage assessment and can provide restoration outlines to your insurance company to support any claims. At this stage we can provide fairly accurate outlines of estimated costs and the time required for the different phases in the restoration program.
- Water Extraction | We use specialised water extraction vacuum equipment with a significant amount of airflow and vacuum presser to lift the maximum amount of standing water possible. By removing excess water we can significantly reduce secondary damage and positively affect the amount of drying time needed to bring the building and its contents to an equilibrium moisture content.
- Controlling Bacteria Contamination, Water Damage Odour and Control Of Air Quality | We use environmentally friendly antimicrobial treatment to sanitise, control and reduce the spread of bacteria to water damaged and adjoining surfaces, protecting against secondary problems of mould and mildew. We use treatments to kill wet odours and where there is high risk of reduced air quality we use Air Filtration Devices to reduce discomfort from reduced air quality.
- Wet Surface Drying | We manage airflow, temperature and humidity using specialised Air Movers and Dehumidifiers and other equipment required for the different classes and categories of water damage. Controlling each of the required elements we are able to dry wet carpets, water damaged underlay and other building materials such as timber and concrete in the most cost efficient manager. Where required we lift wet carpet and wet underlay to maximise drying of these and also the affected subfloor.
- Drying Of Structural and Commercial Materials | Advanced drying systems are used to dry walls, beams, joists and other structures that require industrial strength drying and can not be effectively dried by standard Air Movers.
- Content Protection and Restoration | Before we start the water extraction process we move all furniture and other valuable items from the vicinity of the water damage, in order to save them from being damaged or to minimise the damage. Where this is not possible we elevate furniture and valuables to minimise water absorption and damage. We can evaluate the effect of water damage on content and can organise for restoration where content is salvageable. This includes cleaning of upholstery, carpet colour repair, steam cleaning dried carpet, repair of water damaged art work and the like. We can take rugs and other items offsite for drying and cleaning. Where we deem water damaged carpets and wet underlay to be unsalvageable we can organise to remove water damaged carpet and can professionally replay the carpets and underlay.
- Structural Restoration | Our certified Water Damage Restoration Technicians are skilled to manage restoration programs end to end. From demolition work, through to the removal and relaying of floor boards. We can organise for structures to be rebuilt, replastering and painting. We repair water damaged roofs and ceilings and provide solutions for water ingress issues. We have a network of professional trades that understand water damage and how to best manage repair or constriction.
- Ongoing Monitoring | We monitor the restoration program from drying right through to cleaning, repairs, rebuild and handover, and make alterations as required according to our findings on each monitoring visit. We keep our clients informed on our progress and report any issues upfront with a detailed plan on how these will be managed.
- Reporting | We are able to provide final reports of work undertaken and the justification behind actions taken. This reporting assists with insurance claims and lends itself to a quicker and smoother settlement process. We are happy to work with assessors and loss adjusters and understand their requirements.