Experts In Fire and Smoke Damage Cleaning and Restoration Across Melbourne
We are experts in fire and smoke damage cleaning and restoration, with a team of specialised restorers certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC) in Fire Damage Restoration. We follow the IICRC global standards in all the mould removal, cleaning and remediation programs we undertake.
24×7 Professional Fire Damage Assessment, Restoration and Clean Up Service
Management of fire and smoke damage and contamination in ones home or work environment is an emergency in nature and we respond with our 24×7 emergency relief service; where a Fire Damage Restoration Technician will aim to commence the assessment, make safe your home and start the fire damage remediation and clean-up program within one hour from your call across any part of Melbourne.
What we do Make Safe and Restore Your Fire Damaged Home, Commercial or Industrial building;
- Fire and Smoke Damage Contamination Assessment | Our first step is to always assess the Fire damage. We use our specialised instruments and monitors to map out the extent of the damage. Since hot air rises much of the smoke and soot damage may be above where the fire was active. As the extreme temperatures travels to cooler locations in the building, they cause smoke and soot contamination on windows, doors and ceilings in the building that may not be in the immediate vicinity of the fire. We will do a thorough assessment to determine damage across your property.
- Define Scope Of Works | We carefully plan out what structures, surfaces and contents are salvageable and which can not be repaired and will require replacement. We then determine the plan to make safe the building, undertake any required demolition work and the removal of damaged content for cleaning or disposal. We define the best approach for soot cleaning and the removal of smoke odours across different surfaces and materials. We can provide detailed assessments and a restoration outline to your insurance company to support any claims. At this stage we can provide fairly accurate outlines of estimated costs and the time required for the different phases in the fire damage restoration and cleaning program.
- Remove Source Of the Odour | The first step is to remove the source of the fire and the unsalvageable debris that cause the odour and can cause further contamination on other surfaces.
- Soot Removal and Cleaning | We use specialised techniques and chemicals to remove soot from the walls, tiles, carpets, upholstery and other surfaces. It is important to note that soot is removed when black smears do not appear on ones hand when the surface is cleaned, often there will be a permanent stain on the wall and it will require painting post the clean up program. Trying to remove soot yourself using water can simply cause more damage! The longer it takes to start the soot removal process, the more likely you will have some permanent staining on all cleaned surfaces. It is important to act fast!
- Smoke Odour Elimination & Surface Ceiling | All cleaned surfaces are disinfected and sanitised. We undertake a special technique of non-toxic thermal fogging to kill the smoke from the fire damaged environment – both the smells penetrated into the structures of the building and the smells lingering in the air.
- Fire Damaged Content Cleaning and Restoration | We clean soot and smoke damage from salvageable items at our specialised in house facility in Preston and return it in a restored condition. We dry clean smoke damaged upholstery.
- Structural Restoration | Our certified Fire Damage Restoration Technicians are also and Water Damage Restoration Technicians and are skilled to address the water damage that often accompanies fires. We can organise to have any permanently damaged structures rebuilt, we do replastering and painting to return walls to their pre-damaged condition. We repair fire damaged roofs and ceilings, organise for electrical and plumbing work to be undertaken by licenced trades.
- Reporting | We are able to provide final reports of work undertaken and the justification behind actions taken. This reporting assists with insurance claims and lends itself to a quicker and smoother settlement process. We are happy to work with assessors and loss adjusters and understand their requirements.
It is important that the fire restoration program commence immediately as the contamination from acid smoke and soot residues will continue to cause damage over time.
Within minutes acid soot residue causes plastics to discolour, within hours acid soot causes grout in bathrooms to discolour and tarnishes uncoated metals and appliances may begin to get a yellow stain. Within days soot damaged walls may with permanent staining that can not be removed and will require repainting after the clean up.
Call us 24/7 on 1300 554 418 and one of our certified Fire Damage Restoration Technicians will commences the restoration process immediately to minimize avoidable damage and escalating repair costs.