At Capital we follow strict mould remediation processes as outlined by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The key standards we follow for Mould Removal are ANSI/IICRC S520 Standard for Professional Mould Remediation (USA) & ANSI IICRC S500 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration.
Not only do we follow strict standards and processes to guide our mould removal work, were there are extensive mould damage issues present we proactively recommend that an independent certified Indoor Environmental Consultant is engaged to access our work, giving our clients peace of mind that their mould issues are resolved before they commence with any reinstatement work.
As required, a Post Remediation Verification certificate (PRV) will be issued by an Independent Environmental Consultant once all mould damage has been removed, if there is still mould present, we will re-attend to ensure it is addressed and only when it is, will we, be provided with an independent PRV clearance.
Example of a Post Remediation Verification (PRV) for Mould Removal
An example of what an Independent PRV clearance for mould removal work, we have performed, contains follows.
- The original water leak/ingress that caused the event has reportedly been rectified.
- Adequate mould containment measures were implemented and to the best of knowledge, managed throughout the duration of the works.
- All non-salvageable water damaged, and mould contaminated materials related to the claim have been safely removed and disposed.
- All remaining surfaces and materials related to the claim have been cleaned to a satisfactory level.
- Any remaining materials left behind with minor embedded mould remaining have been properly encapsulated with approved product.
- No musty/mould type odours were present.
- Microbial Sampling (Adenosine Triphosphate) indicates acceptable microbial cleanliness has been achieved.
- Moisture levels within all remaining materials were within acceptable levels (at the “dry standard” like unaffected materials).
Mould Removal Melbourne is a key area of specialisation for Capital. We are certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and have extensive experience in mould removal across Melbourne. If you are in Melbourne or Regional Victoria and require advice on how to best remove mould from your home or business call Capital on 1300 554 418.